The requirements, challenges and recent technologies for smart grid enhancements are the main scope of this special issue (The CFP on the journal website
), where authors are encouraged to:
• address advancement in smart grid infrastructures and renewables integration.
• address energy distribution and management improvement in smart grids.
• address challenges in consumer installations : load automation & control and commercial validation
Extended versions of selected papers will be publishable in Energy and Built Environment (Elsevier). The topics covered are:
- Technical issues that are encountered during the integration of smart renewable energy systems with public grids
- Advances in energy transmission and distribution techniques to enable lower transmission losses and better energy system integration
- Real case studies on energy management of loads and sources
- Comparisons between different hybrid renewable energy and storage systems to achieve cost-effective and ecosystem-friendly solutions for smart grids
- The effect of architectural design and materials used in buildings and cities for a clean environment.
- Studies and recommended approaches for the distribution and electricity tariff for “on demand” energy systems used in smart grids