Renewable Energy Focus seeks to deliver high-value insights across the energy value chain through integrative, comprehensive, and leading-edge research – covering high impact innovations in renewable energy systems integration; modelling and analysis; policy; and business innovations. At the technology level we publish fundamental and applied research (and insights) on commercially-feasible renewable energy technology development across all vertical technology sectors. (The CFP on the journal website)
- Decentralisation and its impact on decarbonising the grid
- How should the grid evolve to manage a complex interaction of different energy technology profiles reliably and economically, both in the developed and developing world?
- The role of Digitisation and advanced IT technology to manage, decarbonise, co-ordinate and optimise the grid (and assets associated with it).
- How will market forces need to adapt to facilitate an energy transition (for example with regard to Social and consumer attitudes and behaviour; supply and demand; and the economics of integrating different technology profiles).
- How do the Power markets need to evolve to encourage continued investment in a broad and diverse range of technology profiles and energy systems – many of which have conflicting grid requirements, performance and outputs.
- What do we need to do to make the electrification of transport possible?